July 3, 2012

top 10 fashion rules (for now)

I don't mind if I'm not fashionable at all. If I was in charge, I wish that I could wear anything anytime. There was one time that I went to class wearing the clothes that I wore to sleep. I just washed my face, took the jeepney, attended my hour-long class, went back to the dorm, then went back to sleep. Practical, right? That being said, here are my mandatory fashion rules for myself.

comfort over fashion
I wouldn't want mobility to be sacrificed just to look a certain way. If I have to change the way I move just to pull off a certain top, then I would have to alter the piece to adapt to my lifestyle.

flats over heels, open never closed
I never wear closed shoes unless I can wear socks with it. Because of that, I only wear rubber shoes when I'm jogging. Heels are reserved for formal events and for dates with my boyfriend.

shorter than longer
Shorts were meant to be short. I wear pants only when I have work to look semi professional.

bifurcated for the better
It's always easier to move around in shorts or pants than in skirts.

circles over pencils
It's easier for me to move around in circle skirts than pencil skirts. And I love the way it flies up then I twirl.

don't show your panties. don't show your bra
Undies were meant for support and protection, not meant to be seen.

don't show your midriff
An exposed bellybutton is just not me. I don't like feeling cold.

flaunt it if you have it, hide it if you don't
I'm talking about cleavage here. I don't have it so I hide it.

don't have a signature look
I love mixing up stuff. I don't like being known for having a certain look but I can't avoid it when work has some sort of uniform. Even with restrictions, there are still ways to make clothes look different everytime. My favorite are my shawls.

6 month rule
Clothes have feelings too. If they're not formal wear or key pieces, and I have not used them in the last 6 months, they have to be worn or else they have to be given away.

So there. These are not really rules. More like guidelines. I made them, so I can break them. And I encourage myself to brake them every once in a while, just for fun :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...