July 27, 2012

putokapi

It's only lately that I've acquainted myself to the vocabularies of the fashion world (through conscious effort, and not for pleasure), but it's been a long time since I've gotten to know Carolina Herrera. I was watching Lifestyle Network a couple of years ago when they played a feature about her. I loved how her gowns are so feminine. I love the volume and the flow. I was still working on becoming a chemist during that time, but I did sew as a leisurely hobby. I sewed pants for practical (and financial) reasons. I hated how expensive clothes were and how uncomfortable they were, so I made my own. Eventually I evolved and started sewing dresses. This is the first dress that I've completed. I developed the design myself. I guess I draped it because I was not aware of the benefits of using patterns. I wrapped the fabric on myself and pinned it where I wanted it to have seams. I think I was successful in this project. I've used this dress in the past already, but it was floor length back then. I cut it short because I wanted to use it in less formal events.

It doesn't look like a Carolina Herrera dress but she really was my inspiration for this dress. I guess it's because the quality of my sewing skills is negligible back then. I might try making a new dress some time in the near future. I just hope I find time.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...