July 17, 2012

macrame earrings

Macrame, yes, it's the technical term for those friendship bracelets. Who would have thought there's a science to friendship bracelets. I didn't realize that there's more to it than just knotting thread around and making patterns. There's a whole culture revolving around sailors who didn't have anything to do but macrame.

all the accessories i could ever see myself using are bags and earrings. I just like earrings because it's so effortless. just put them on and forget about them. maybe it's because I don't like giving emphasis to my thin wrist and fingers, and because I had a bad experience with double-layered necklaces that I just gave up on them. I love earrings because I make beautiful earrings (or at least my friends tell me that I do. pls refer to http://malayadesigns.blogspot.com/2012/03/earrings.html).

I learned about friendship earrings from my sister. She saw a tutorial on http://craftgossip.com/ and shared it with me. Now, I can add it to my portfolio of accessories. I might try playing around with patterns, but for now, the inverted chevron will do.


I want to be able to make a whole collection of macrame earrings, I just don't know if there's any sense in doing that. I get to spend a lot of time making them that I get so attached. I have a hard time giving them away to friends or to clients. Sometimes we have to learn how to let go of our babies. Aww...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...