August 27, 2012

weaving like a viking

i've been so obsessed with weaving since summer. i've been watching videos on how to weave on youtube and i stumbled upon the viking weave. i never tried it until a few days ago when our workshop was about wire art.

tutorial can be found here:
http://youtu.be/_Ynf5jjpL1U

i have wire but i don't have the block with the holes where the loops are compressed into a pretty chain. luckily (well, not really), my dad undergoes dialysis twice a week. my mom suggested that i use the tubes. then i realized that the plastic clamp things can do the job just fine. before all this, i've contracted my dad to make me a block thing. at least now he doesn't have to go through all that trouble.





I was too excited to make my bracelet that I forgot to take a picture of the chain before it got compressed.

it's really great that the workshop was about wire art. it was a great opportunity for me to explore wires. i could have learned more from class but i've realized that i shouldn't expect too much from my classmates. their references for their workshop are accessible to me, which is why there's always a chance that i'd already know what they're about to teach me unless they've had a class under an expert.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...